Innovation * Opportunity * Work that Matters
Join the 2,000+ professionals who are bringing strategic vision to state government as part of Minnesota's information technology agency. Work for Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) and be part of a cutting-edge organization that is emerging as a national leader in government IT. This position exists to serve our partners at Minnesota’s largest state agency, the Department of Human Services (DHS). The MNIT DHS team supports complex and varied technical needs, including systems that provide health care coverage, ensure child protection and welfare services, and provide support for Minnesotans with special needs including mental illness, chemical dependencies, and physical or developmental disabilities.
Our culture promotes collaboration, demands continuous improvement, and encourages innovation in IT delivery. Be a part of something bigger than yourself, something to be inspired by; come to work for MNIT DHS.
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 4
Working Title: Data Management Quality Assurance Analyst
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 03/02/2022
- Closing Date: 03/15/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: DHS Department of Human Services/Quality Assurance
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $32.32 - $53.31/hourly; $67,484 - $111,311/annually
- Job Class Option: Info Tech Quality Assurance
- Classified Status: Unclassified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: No
As a Data Management Quality Assurance Analyst, you will provide professional knowledge, skills, and leadership in the creation of advanced data management solutions for application software, source systems, databases, data warehouses, and reporting. This role includes skills, activities, practices, tools, and deliverables applied at every phase of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which ensures that the management of data for any given software solution will be designed, implemented, and operationally supported to meet the specified requirements. You will be relied upon to promote and continually improve appropriate data management testing methodologies while striving to ensure adherence to service levels and optimize application functional performance prior to deployment.
*The position is temporary and includes full state fringe benefits; the position is anticipated to last up to two (2) years and may be extended.
Candidates must demonstrate all of the following qualifications on their resume:
This position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in performing IT quality assurance data management functions.
Experience must also demonstrate:
- Creating relevant quality assurance artifacts and documentation
- Participating in formal review of business/functional requirements and application design including performing gap analysis and clarifying ambiguous requirements
- Ability to create detailed testing estimates
- Use of data management testing tools
- Reading, writing, and executing SQL queries
- Database, data warehouse (ETL), and data mart testing
**Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification**
It is the policy of the Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
Social Security and Address Verification
Other legally required checks
Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- IT quality assurance experience within the past six (6) months
- Strong background in process management using industry standard software development methodologies
- Experience working on complex projects, while organizing and prioritizing multiple deadlines, including defining issues and providing possible solutions
- Experience in database testing, BI analytics report testing, ETL testing
- Experience using SQL Developer, SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata SQL Assistance, Beyond Compare, and Toad
- Experience with Relational Database Management System and/or Database Management System
- Experience of BI practices, data structures, data modeling, SQL skills, analyzing and reporting techniques
- Experience of implementations that have data design flows, data architecture, and warehousing
- Good understanding of defect process and experience with defect tracking tools
- Experience developing an incremental data migration testing strategy using agile methodology
- Experience with normalized and de-normalized tables
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and plan for testing milestones so that identified goals are properly achieved
- Experience with risk analysis and/or reverse engineering
- Ability to mentor junior team members and/or project team members to develop their skills and knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly, present complex information to users in a comprehensive style, and translate technical and system information for non-technical stakeholders
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
To be considered for any Veteran’s Status, you MUST indicate this on your application.
RECENTLY SEPARATED VETERANS (RSV): Effective July 1, 2009, legislation provides that the top five RSV applicants who apply and meet the qualifications for a vacancy shall be granted an interview. To qualify, you must meet the following: 1) have separated under honorable conditions from any branch of the armed forces of the United States; 2) have served on active duty for 181 consecutive days or more or for the full period ordered to active duty or have separated by reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty; 3) be a United States citizen or resident alien; and 4) have served in active military service at any time on or after September 11, 2001, as shown on your DD-214 form. To be considered under this legislation, you must: 1) meet all Minimum Qualifications identified in this posting; 2) meet all of the above RSV criteria; and 3) submit a copy of your DD-214 form by the closing date to: MNIT.Recruitment@state.mn.us. Failure to submit your DD-214 form will affect your consideration for an interview under this legislation.
If you have questions about the position, contact Kristen Haider at email@example.com.